Harold was born in 1913 in Greasbrough, Rotherham and died in 1971 in Sheffield.
Below is a newspaper article published a few days after Harold married in Saint Mary’s Church, Greasbrough.
THE ADVERTISER, SATURDAY, APRIL 23rd, 1938.
ROWBOTTOM – ROBINSON.
The Vicar of Greasbro’ (the Rev. A. R. Eyles) officiated at a pretty wedding which was held in the Parish Church on Easter Monday.
The bride was Miss Annie Robinson, eldest daughter of Mr. and the late Mrs. G. Robinson, of 11, Mangham Road, Parkgate, and the bridegroom was Mr. Harold Rowbottom, youngest son of Mrs. Rowbottom, of 11, Oxford Row, Greasbro’, and the late Mr. Rowbottom.
The bride wore a dress of blue satin with a blue veil and coronet of orange blossom, and carried a bouquet of pink tulips. She was given away by her brother (Mr. W. H. Rowbottom), and was attended by two bridesmaids, Miss Betty Robinson and Miss Lilian Roebuck, a small attendant, Betty Rowbottom, and a page boy, Ralph Rowbottom. The two former wore pink satin dresses with veils to match, and carried bouquets of white lilac. The page boy and the small attendant wore blue silk and velvet, the latter carrying a posy of mixed flowers.
The best man was Mr. Fred Rowbottom, and the groomsmen were Messrs. H. Rowbottom and P. Sennitt. A reception was held at the home of the bridegroom’s mother, where Mrs. Rowbottom, wearing a navy blue flowered dress with hat and coat to tone, received about thirty guests.